NOT FOR PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AUSTRALIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, CANADA OR JAPAN OR IN OR INTO OTHER COUNTRIES WHERE THE DISTRIBUTION WOULD BE CONTRARY TO LAW.
- Bond with a volume of € 250 million successfully placed
- Coupon amounts to 2.0% p.a.
- Bond maturity is six years
- Proceeds from bond issue will be used to refinance existing liabilities and for general corporate purposes
Today, Wienerberger AG successfully concluded the placement of a new bond with institutional investors. The bond, with a volume of € 250 million and a denomination of € 1,000 per unit, has a maturity of six years and an annual coupon of 2.0%. The proceeds from the bond issue are to be used to refinance existing liabilities and for general corporate purposes. Due to strong demand from Austrian and international institutional investors, the bond was oversubscribed almost three times and the intended total volume of € 250 million was fully utilized.
Heimo Scheuch, CEO of Wienerberger AG, is extremely pleased with the placement of the bond:
The issue of our new bond met with great interest from the market. Our company's strong innovative strength and growth have once again convinced investors to make long-term investments in Wienerberger. I am particularly pleased that they give us the opportunity to take advantage of future growth opportunities and to continue to actively develop Wienerberger.
77% of the bond was placed with international institutional investors, the remaining 23% with institutional investors in the domestic Austrian market. The issue price for institutional investors amounted to 99.303% of the nominal value. From April 26, 2018 to April 30, 2018 (subject to a shortening of the subscription period), retail investors from Austria and Germany will be given the opportunity to subscribe to the bond at the same issue price which institutional investors have to pay, plus any sales commission that may be charged by financial intermediaries of up to 1.5%. Then the bond will be admitted to trading in the Official Market at the Vienna Stock Exchange.
This announcement constitutes a marketing announcement and an advertisement in the meaning of the Austrian Securities Supervision Act (WAG) and of the Capital Markets Act (KMG), but does not constitute financial analysis or advice relating to financial securities or an offer of securities. The offer of securities of Wienerberger AG (the "Offer") is made solely by way of and on the basis of the prospectus expected to be approved on April 16, 2018 by the Austrian Financial Market Authority, published and notified to the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority on the same day and as supplemented, if required (together with the pricing notice, the "Prospectus"), printed copies of which are available free of charge at the issuer's seat at Wienerberg City, Wienerbergstrasse 11, 1100 Vienna, Austria, during normal hours of business and which may be inspected in electronic form on the website of the issuer at www.wienerberger.com. Only the information in the Prospectus is binding in connection with the Offer.
This announcement is addressed exclusively to persons legally entitled to receive it. In particular, it is not addressed to U.S. citizens or persons resident in the United States of America ("USA"), Australia, Canada, Japan, Ireland or the United Kingdom. It is neither an offer to purchase nor a public invitation to sell securities in the USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Ireland or the United Kingdom or any jurisdiction in which such an offer or invitation would be contrary to the law. This announcement is not for publication or distribution in the USA and may not be distributed to U.S. persons or publications generally distributed in the USA nor be published or distributed in any other country in which its publication or distribution would be contrary to the law.
Head of Corporate Communications
Wienerberger AG+43 664 8283183 Send e-mail
Wienerberger AG+43 1 60192 10221 Send e-mail